Vinyl-Pro awning windows can be installed on their own to create a dramatic effect. They can also be used in combination with our fixed windows to build a truly graceful picture window.
Our awning windows have the same energy- saving properties and quality features as, our Casement windows.
• UPVC windows are tough, durable and a long life material which the Building Research Establishment (BRE) has given a service life of at least 35 years.
• On average, Canadian homeowners pay $1,200 a year to heat their home. According to SAWDAC, "industry standards indicate that about 26 per cent or $300.00 is due to heat loss through windows" (SAWDAC).
• Energy efficient windows are extremely important in Canada given the extremes of our climate
• For a typical home, choose ENERGY STAR and save $126–$465 a year when replacing single-pane windows (EnergyStar)
• An energy efficient window guards against heat loss, cold drafts, and condensation, which effectively reduces HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) costs. Most people give little thought to the efficiency of their windows, and don`t realize the difference a high quality, well-installed window can make
• During the winter, the sun`s low elevation in the sky at midday enables it to shine through south-facing windows (placement). These solar gains can help reduce your heating costs during the Winter (OEE)
• Energy-efficient windows are least likely to have condensation. Their resistance to condensation, however, depends on the indoor humidity level. A humidity level of more than 40 per cent, when the outside temperature is -20 C or colder, may cause condensation even on a good performing window (OEE).
• The heavy gas fills in high-performance windows, which reduce conductive and convective heat losses, also reduce sound transmission from the exterior to the interior (OEE).